- Audio, Video, Batteries and More!!!
- Books & Videos
- Demilitarized & Replica Firearms & Display Pieces
- Dummy Ammo
- Edged Weapons
- Everything Else!!!
- FIREARMS and RECEIVERS
- Gift Ideas
- Machine Gun Parts & Accessories
- Magazines, Drums, Belts & Stripper Clips
- Miscellaneous Items, Parts & Accessories
- NEW ITEMS
- News, Media & Information
- PARA ORDNANCE
- Parts Kits
- Pistol & Rifle Ammunition
- Pistol Parts & Accessories
- Rifle Parts & Accessories
- Scopes, Mounts & Sights
- Shotgun Parts & Accessories
- Stocks, Grips, Buttplates & Handguards
- Sub Machine Gun Parts & Accessories
- The Thomas B. Nelson Collection
- Tools, Gauges and Cleaning Supplies
1911 .45 Auto Rock Island Slide, Frame and Barrel Kit
Tell Us What You Think About This Product
(Santa fe, NM)
12/28/2013 4:07 PM
Ths is a great starter build. Yes some parts are alittle rough but very useable and great to learn on. this was my second build and came out as a very tight and accurate build...5 stars on the kit but 4 on the finish..
Eugene Walton Walton
9/19/2013 5:36 PM
I purchased this kit for a build with my "leftover" parts, the slide to frame fit is very good, the parkerized finish is well done, But the color slide to frame is a little off, but its an excellent base finish. One word of warning this frame does not have a plunger tube. and no magazine release,the rear sight is to shallow, and needs to be replaced, most of my GI parts fit with reasonable fiting. all in all you can get a nice gun for about 300 dollars if you already have parts sitting around like I did.
7/12/2013 8:51 PM
I have used several of these kits to build custom 1911s for several of my customers. They are a little rough, but still a very good value. My customers love the price, and with just a few add ons, they make a great 1911. I have tuned a few to make a very respectable target pistols, several for law enforcement sidearms, and with a shorter slide, some very nice CC weapons. I gave it 4 stars only because of the roughness of some of the parts. But at this price you can't go wrong little fitting and fine-tuning you're good to go"
4/30/2012 10:54 PM
Very good quality. Frame has better attention to detail than slide. Serration was uneven depths, but functional. Very good slide to frame matching. Good shooter and no complaints. Mine did not come with a mag catch as advertised.